Thursday, July 23, 2009

Toddlers & Tiaras - Season 2 Premiere

Did anyone see the Toddlers & Tiaras - Season 2 Premiere? The mom of the five girls (two of which are twins), Jamie Sterling, drove me nuts. I felt terrible for her daughter AshLynn. (First of all, I'm not a fan of capitals in the middle of names like AshLynn and BreAnne, but whatever.) She was like, BreAnn looks a lot like mommy, and AshLynn has a bigger nose and is really thin or something.

Poor AshLynn! The whole time, it was so obvious that Jamie Sterling preferred BreAnne over AshLynn. My heart broke for AshLynn, especially when Jamie "forgot" to fix her dress (which maybe I believe), when Jamie was saying how she couldn't believe that AshLynn won directors choice, and more. I mean, how condescending! And it was awful when Jamie told BreAnne that she really won when AshLynn clearly just needed a moment of glory. AshLynn was so humble and proud, and BreAnne just took that all away from her. Also, when Jamie said she bought a new dress, trying to pretend it was for both of them, but it was really for BreAnne...that was just sad.

My heart goes out to AshLynn, who just wants to try hard and please herself and her mom. Seriously, though, if Jamie thinks only BreAnne is good enough, why isn't only BreAnne in pageants? Why put AshLynn through the pain?

No comments:

Post a Comment