Sunday, August 30, 2009

Toddlers & Tiaras Did It Again!

I often wonder if parents think about their kids' well being when giving them names. Toddlers & Tiaras, once again, has given us a name that makes me want to scream.

So, before I begin, I will note that I love the name Alessandra. I love it. It's pretty, classy, unique, and ageless. However, I saw a variation of this on Toddlers & Tiaras that made me want to cringe:

Alycesaundra.

That's right.
Tack Alice (sort of) and Saundra together and get Alycesaundra. I almost want to say this as Alice-uh-saundra. Or Alyssa Saundra. I mean, I get it...but saying that it is pronounced Alessandra (or Alessaundra) is a stretch.

That reminds me of American Idol a few years back where we saw Aliceyn, or something like it. Creativity is going crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment