Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Toddlers and Tiaras Names

Here are some names we saw this week on Toddlers and Tiaras:

Taleah: Not my favorite, but I think the spelling works. Other spellings could be confusing, whereas this one pretty much spells it out. I've seen both Talya and Talia before, but neither was pronounced Ta-lee-ah, so this spelling works well.

Abrielle: Very interesting! I don't love it, but I do like it. Granted, it does make me think that it looks like Gabrielle but without the G, but still. I like Brielle a lot as a name, and I think Abrielle is an interesting twist - a mix of Abigail and Gabrielle.

Neely: I do not like this. It sounds like a last name.

Lauren: So refreshing. A lovely, traditional name.

This week was pretty disappointing for bad spellings! Most were correct: Jasmine, Alyssa, Allison, Ashlyn, etc. Even the newer names (Brooklyn, McKenzie) were spelled in decent ways.

I found it interesting that the pageant on this episode of Toddlers and Tiaras was called "America's Best Pageant." That's a bit presumptuous, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment