Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Toddlers and Tiaras: Name of the Day

I'm a Jennifer Aniston fan as much as the next person. I think she was great on Friends, and I liked some of her movies.

That being said, I'm not going to name my child after her. You may be thinking, "Well, Cadence, you could name your child Jennifer and no one would realize who she is named after," and I'd agree. However, the mom on Toddlers and Tiaras named her daughter after Jennifer - but not with her first name. The daughter's name? Aniston. I kind of get the last-names-as-first-names trend, but seriously, Aniston? Why not Addison? Annabelle? Anastasia? There are plenty of similar names with 'Ani' style nicknames, and those are actually names!

This is a major strike out for the last-names-as-first-names craze. Aniston sounds like a first name gone terribly, terribly wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment