Friday, September 17, 2010

America Hates Michaele Salahi

Harsh, I know, but America hates Michaele Salahi.

Reports claim that "The Real Housewives of DC" is the only show of the "Real Housewives" franchise not to be a major hit - all because of Tareq and Michaele Salahi.

I will admit, they've pulled some ridiculous stunts, starting with sneaking into a White House dinner, then claiming Bravo told them not to talk about it, followed by claiming Michaele has Multiple Sclerosis (and didn't tell anyone due to shame), claiming she'll be posing nude for Playboy, and telling us that she's not anorexic.

Yeah, because we care that you're not anorexic. And, posing in a bikini to prove it doesn't help. How does an airbrushed publicity photo prove anything? I get that weight is a sensitive issue for everyone, but are we supposed to feel sorry for you being too thin when you eat cereal and salad as your only daily food intake? Please. If I could survive on cereal and salad, I'd do it too, and even if that's not anorexia, it's certainly pretty close.

The worst part is that Michaele is trying to create a correlation between her ultra thinness and her Multiple Sclerosis diagnosis. Meanwhile, medically, there is no correlation, and people with MS, at least in my knowledge, do show some actual symptoms. She claims she's had MS for 17 years, but magically only has thinness to show for it? Please, I know how Multiple Sclerosis affects people in real life, and it certainly doesn't manifest itself in tanorexia. (Yes, you heard me, TANorexia...Michaele's tan and too thin!) I would eat a cookie on your behalf, Michaele, but like normal people, the calories will just go to my thighs.

Word has it that Michaele and Tareq are being fired from season two of "The Real Housewives of DC," so maybe season two won't be quite as awful.

1 comment: